Open Canvas in the media
Empowering disadvantaged aspiring artists, Castlemaine Mail, February 17, 2017
Castlemaine artist Irene Jacob is one of 16 artists whose work is set to be exhibited through Open Canvas, a new social enterprise which helps homeless, disabled and other disadvantaged artists to exhibit and sell art and art-related merchandise.
Between the Lines exhibit by Open Canvas helps homeless through art, Leader News, February 17, 2017
- A new exhibition is putting the homeless in the frame for all the right reasons.
Melbourne Interview, ABC Melbourne, Drive with Rafael Epstein, February 14, 2017
- Open Canvas founder Dan Rath and artist Danny Chilcott chat to Raf Epstein on the weekly Melbourne Interview segment.
Exhibition showcases homeless artists, Radio National Books and Arts, February 13, 2017
- Between the Lines is an art exhibition by homeless artists in Melbourne.
Art inspired by hardship and disadvantage now a force for change, SBS, February 11, 2017
- It’s like the Big Issue but for artists, says the Melbourne-based social entrepreneur behind the initiative providing an outlet for the disadvantaged.
Metaphor for life, Mordialloc Chelsea Leader, February 8, 2017
- After suffering abuse as a child, and from a former partner, Bev Rymer turned to creating something of a metaphor of her life, crafting art pieces from broken tiles.
Open Canvas puts disadvantaged artists in the frame, The Age, February 5, 2017
- A new social enterprise helps disadvantaged artists promote and sell their work online and in galleries.
Art with heart empowers disadvantaged, ProBono News, February 1, 2017
- Open Canvas is a social enterprise that empowers artists who have experienced adversity, by helping them exhibit and sell their art and merchandise with their art on it.
Lifeline for artists in need, Bayside Leader, January 31, 2017
- Struggling artists are being given a helping hand by a Highett social enterprise entrepreneur.
Between the Lines, Time Out Magazine
- Melbourne-based social enterprise Open Canvas supports work by homeless and disadvantaged artists.
Between the Lines by Open Canvas, Weekend Notes
- Featuring a selection of works from artists who have experienced issues relating to homelessness, disabilities and other adversities, the stories between the lines are the inspiration for this collection.
For interview requests, contact Jess Rath at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 097 204.
Open Canvas media releases
Melbourne startup empowering disadvantaged artists, January 12, 2017
For media enquiries, contact Jess Rath, 0413 097 204 or email@example.com